As simple as one, two, three…
- “The Great Wave Engineering Network (WEN) of Bristol” has been set up to provide a platform for scientists and academics in Bristol to promote, share, and discuss theory and applications of wave engineering in various physical contexts including, but not restricted to, acoustics, elasticity, optics, photonics, seismology and water wave theory – the synergy between the fields could bring about new quality of activities;
- The Great WEN of Bristol aims to facilitate networking between colleagues from different disciplines in order to identify areas of common interest, stimulate new ideas for interdisciplinary research projects and public engagement, and provide a platform from which groups of researchers with shared interests can develop external funding bids;
- GWEN will bring together industrial and academic collaborators, in areas spanning from the theory to practice of the manipulation and exploitation of waves in different physical contexts to achieve useful ends.
The Great WEN of Bristol sets out to make 1, 2 & 3 happen by keeping it simple: we aim to organise a one-day research workshop each year. Agenda: meet and greet over a coffee followed by a mix of long-to-short-to-snappy presentations. Multiple breaks, lunch and questions are included.
Industry partnership – What are the benefits?
- GWEN is free to join for any “wave engineering” company associated with the region;
- GWEN aims to provide an opportunity for one or two companies to display a stand during our future Wave-Engineering-Bristol workshops;
- A partnership with GWEN promises a single point of contact in Bristol, together with expert guidance, including access to people and research;
- GWEN will help you liaise with academics available for consultancy, contract research, joint funding bids, staff training and knowledge exchange.
Get in touch
We welcome enquiries from potential future industrial sponsors.
If you have a project or collaboration you would like to discuss, please get in touch via
or use this contact form to register your interest in joining our network.